Waiting for Logan Grace

Waiting for Logan Grace

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

China Days Six and Seven... I Think?

Day Six
If you gave been following along please forgive me for any spelling errors. Yes, I know I am a teacher, and yes I have spell check. Craig has been quick to point out my errors. I am always in a hurry to get my ideas down before I am kicked off the VPN or before Craig has some mini crisis that needs my immediate attention. Enough of that....

Day six which was our Tuesday was adoption certificate and notarization day. One would think that we did enough paperwork before arriving here that they could surely have everything they need, but apparently not. For the adoption certificate spew had to travel by bus back to the Civil Affairs office where Gotcha Day happened. This does not seem like a good idea to me but all the babies in our group seemed to handle it in stride. By the way, there are 9 toddlers two and under, a three year old girl, and a four year old boy in our group. Three total girls and nine boys. Anyway, received our adoption certificate and had our picture taken making Logan a Grace officially ours. On the way over, our guide said it was the last chance we had to decide if we wanted to commit to our child. I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to change their minds. Once you get here you become quickly set that you are on a rescue mission. I wish everyone could see what we've seen this week. We are truly blessed to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy everyday.
From that office we boarded the bus across town to the notary office. It was a little sketchy. It was a small building in a dirtier part of the city. We had to walk up six flights of stairs to be crowded in a tiny room with twelve other families. More paperwork! Then the notary had her picture taken with us and that was that.
We came back to the hotel for downtime. We ate snacks for lunch, played with Logan and waited for dinner. For dinner we once again went to Mamma Mias. We mixed it up though and had pasta instead of pizza. It was really good.

Day Seven
Passport City Day- yesterday we traveled by van to Nanyang to apply for her passport. It was 3 1/2 hours one way. Logan sat in my lap ( no car seats in China) and within minutes was asleep. She is a great rider. The girl loves to go. She will fit right in! The drive was mostly countryside on interstate that closely resembled that in the US. It was lightly raining and there was little traffic. We stopped along the way at a rest area where I conquered the squatty potty. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined...Lol! Tim, our guide took us to a little dive famous for their noodles. I asked him the name and he said Manchurian Steaming Noodles. I was a little nervous to be honest. It was a very small room, like a small bedroom. Tim ordered us dumplings, ride, and noodles. I didn't care for the dumplings but loved the rice and noodles.  We then drove to the police office where Logan had to gave her picture taken and we had to sign more papers. The orphanage officer was there as well. Typically parents get to visit their child's orphanage on this day. When Tim asked she said they were understaffed and there would be know one to show us around. I was disappointed as I really wanted to get a feel for where she had spent the first 18 months of her life. But being understaffed is probably a sure sign that her basic needs were met and that was about it. The next best thing was to get to visit her finding spot. Our guide was willing to take us but it would have added another hour and twenty minutes to our trip so se opted out. Maybe not seeing was for the best. We can press on and not dwell on the past. She was such a trooper all day. She slept most of the way back. I'm not sure if this was her coping with the day or if she was just so exhausted from the big changes in her life.

She is doing amazingly well. She as attached to daddy, but tolerates me. The girl loves to eat and is very active. She has slept most all night every night. We are feeling your prayers. Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment