Waiting for Logan Grace

Waiting for Logan Grace

Friday, June 27, 2014

Day Nine

The Longest Day- Today has been the toughest by far. There was nothing on our agenda and little miss wasn't feeling the greatest which made her whiny and clingy. After breakfast we had to venture out to Wal Mart again. I was very nervous but the traffic wasn't hardly as bad as it was when we went in the evening. We were told we could take a taxi for $30. We chose the lesser of two evils and walked. Man was it hot and humid. We had to change shirts when we got back because they were so wet. I could have stayed longer and just looked around. It is very interesting. It is a three story building. Electronics on the bottom, groceries in the middle, and clothes, toys, and household on top. I don't think I will forget the smell....ever. It smelled like a mixture of over ripened fruit mixed with fish and raw meat. Yuck! Anyway, we found Logan' s formula and bought her a few toys. Craig through some Snicker bars and Pepsi in the cart as well.
Logan seemed to feel a little better after a long afternoon nap. Her new thing today was to walk the halls. She kept going to the door and looking back so I took her out and held her hands while she practiced walking. She felt so big. She would look up at me and grin from ear to ear. The fist time I let her lead, and she took us all the way to the elevator. She must be as sick of this room as we are. Later we were sitting in the floor and she took three steps to Craig by herself. I have been packing up because we leave bright and early for the next destination. Please pray for safe travels for us. By the way, I gave the guides the bibs we collected at VBS. They were amazed and excited!
More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment